JWP’s organizational work envisages the empowered woman to be one who can make her own choices and take decisions in matters that are important to her and her family. The role of men in this process is to create an informed partnership with women, to provide a safe future for the family, the community and country. FOR WOMEN, JWP works to ensure:
- Equal status for women.
- Basic human rights such as food, shelter and employment.
- Action against violence and crimes such as domestic violence, rape and trafficking.
- Effective educational facilities, good health and mental well being.
- Protection against discrimination, desertion and sexual harassment.
- Control over resources including land.
- Equal participation in decision making processes at all levels.
- Special emphasis on the rights of migrant women, minority women, and women domestic workers.
- A child’s identity as a human person and citizen.
- Recognition of the equal status of the girl child.
- Prevention of malnutrition.
- Good health, mental well being and medical attention.
- Action against child marriage, child labour, child abuse, trafficking and child prostitution.
- All educational opportunities for all children.